To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to or the day of your procedure, and you can download the Pre-Registration form by clicking this link. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to (361) 985-9308 attention Pre-Registration Department. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is (361) 985-9300 X2.
A scheduler will call you before the day of your procedure to go over information regarding co-pay or co-insurance, which will help to expedite your admission process.
A nurse will call you the day before your procedure, review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by 4 p.m. the day before your procedure or have additional questions, please call us at (361) 985-9300 X2.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
The night before your procedure you may have clear liquids, but please follow your physicians orders for more specific directions. You may brush your teeth on the morning of your procedure, but remembering not to swallow anything. Very carefully, read the instructions that your physician has provided, which will vary from physician’s office.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your procedure.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Physician If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the physician and the day of your procedure.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your procedure. You can discuss this with your physician.
What You Need The Day Of The Procedure:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home and remain with you during your procedure. You cannot use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your procedure.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 361-985-9300 Extension 2 as soon as possible.